axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Timour Mouratov <mtim...@gmail.com>
Subject Same signature operations in WSDL
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:09:44 GMT
I have a simple question but  I couldn't find an answer on w3.org.

Can I define  an operations  in WSDL  with same name and identical
signatures. like this:

<message name="req">
       <part name="str"     type="xs:string"/>
</message>
<message name="empty"/>

<portType name="Test">
     <operation name="op1">
        <input  name="request"     message="tns:req"/>
        <output name="response"    message="tns:empty"/>
     </operation>
     <operation name="op2">
        <input  name="request"     message="tns:req"/>
        <output name="response"    message="tns:empty"/>
     </operation>
</portType>

When I generate the stubs and deploy the service , axis  always calls
op1 never op2. Is it legitimate from WSDL  specification point of
view?

Best regards,
Timour