axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Zhao Sharon-CSC002 <Sharon.Z...@motorola.com>
Subject RE: AXIS 1.2 Final ?
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2005 15:38:57 GMT
In terms of security and proxy support, is there any improvement from 1.1 to 1.2? If so, where
do I get the related information?

Thanks,

Sharon Zhao

-----Original Message-----
From: Dovholuk, Clint [mailto:Clint.Dovholuk@GlobalCrossing.com]
Sent: Friday, February 25, 2005 8:57 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org; dims@apache.org
Subject: RE: AXIS 1.2 Final ?

Is there any thought to allowing both Axis 1.x and Axis 2.x run on the same server?

I've got an app that needs to have Axis running in the same JVM as the app.  This app has
old code which works vs the Axis 1.1 distribution but when I add the newest jars for Axis
2.0 I find a class conflict at org.apache.axis.Constants.  Particularly in the auto generated
wsdl2java files.  the constant: org.apache.axis.Constants.URI_SOAP11_ENC does not exist in
the Axis 2.0 jar... not to mention all the classes which have been moved to new packages etc...

I'd rather not have to recode the existing app to work with 2.0, but I'd rather let 1.1 and
2.0 run in harmony...

is that possible? will that be in R3?

Thanks for any input.

-Clint