axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Joe Plautz <j...@customcall.com>
Subject Security Issue
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2005 17:59:17 GMT
Hello,

I'm looking for some guidance in the realm of security. I am in charge
of  creating some web services to be used by a PowerBuilder front
end(changing this is not an option). What I've discovered is that
PowerBuilder does not allow you to modify/add headers in any shape or
form. So, adding in WS-Security compliant headers or some other form of
authentication headers would require a lot more time than than
desired(ie writing a custom soap lib). It does support HTTP-Basic
authentication, but because of the way the user information is being
stored it is not a feasible option, user info is being stored in client
specific databases. I've come up with my own ideas, which include
sending the "authentication" piece as part of the message. If anyone has
any alternative ideas please let me know.

Thanks,
Joe Plautz