axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Dave Hoffer" <DHof...@xrite.com>
Subject Install/Setup/Test of Axis fails
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2005 17:50:31 GMT
Hello,

I am following the Installation Instructions for Axis 1.2.  I am
installing on XP and have already installed and have running Tomcat
4.1.31.  I am also using the optional Xerces parser and xmlsec.jar.
When I validate the Axis installation with happyaxis all is well.

The problems start when I test deploying a web service.  Following the
Installation Instructions, I attempt to deploy deploy.wsdd in the stock
sample project.  This process gives me a log4j warning stating that no
appenders could be found.  This does not seem serious because it seems
to indicate that it deployed correctly stating "Done processing".

I then back up two folders and attempt to call GetQuote like this:
java -cp .;%AXISCLASSPATH% samples.stock.GetQuote
-lhttp://localhost:8080/axis/servlet/AxisServlet -uuser1 -wpass1 XXX

This returns with a warning regarding log4j.  It then throws and
exception java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/wsdl/OperationType

What is the cause of this error (and the warnings)?

-dh