axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "THOMAS, JAI [AG-Contractor/1000]" <jai.tho...@monsanto.com>
Subject RE: No serializer found
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2005 16:27:49 GMT
Christian,
We need a mapping for datahandler, something like this:
  QName qnDataHandler = new QName("http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/", "DataHandler");
  call.registerTypeMapping(dhSource.getClass(),
                         qnDataHandler,
				 JAFDataHandlerSerializerFactory.class,
				 JAFDataHandlerDeserializerFactory.class);

Jai

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Johnson [mailto:johnsocs@clarkson.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 7:13 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: No serializer found

I'm in the process of writing a web service and have ran into the problem
of sending custom objects.

I have an object that contains nothing more then a few String[] and
Datahandler[].  When calling invoke I get the error "No serializer
found"... understandable..

in my client code I added the following...

QName qname = new QName("urn:Service", "MyClassName");

call.registerTypeMapping(object.getClass(),
			qname,
			BeanSerializerFactory.class,
			BeanDeserializerFactory.class);

But then I get..

No serializer found for class javax.activation.DataHandler error...

Can anybody help me out or point me toward some examples for serializers?

Thanks