axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Praveen Peddi" <ppe...@contextmedia.com>
Subject Re: Is latest nightly build stable
Date Sun, 06 Feb 2005 15:34:53 GMT
Hi Srinivas,
Thanks a lot for checking the fix. I tried the latest nightly build dated Feb 6th. It still
throws Nullpointer. But its in a different place now. I think XML parser is now throwing nullpointer.
After debugging the cvs code (assuming the cvs code code is same as Feb6th's  nightly build),
I found that the nullpointer is thrown in DeserializationContext.parse method at line 227.

Following is the snippet:

public void parse() throws SAXException
    {
        if (inputSource != null) {
            SAXParser parser = XMLUtils.getSAXParser();
            try {
                parser.setProperty("http://xml.org/sax/properties/lexical-handler", this);
                parser.parse(inputSource, this); //Nullpointer is thrown here

                try {
                    // cleanup - so that the parser can be reused.

                    {some code here}

}

My soap enevlope looks as follows:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:soapenc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
xmlns:tns="http://localhost:7001/axis/services/CMISOAPAuthenticationService" xmlns:types="http://localhost:7001/axis/services/CMISOAPAuthenticationService/encodedTypes"
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
 <soap:Body soap:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
  <q1:login xmlns:q1="http://soap.session.ip.contextmedia.com">
   <userID xsi:type="xsd:string">ISAdmin</userID>
   <password xsi:type="xsd:string">ISAdmin</password>
  </q1:login>
 </soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>

One thing I noticed is that the xml parser it found is weblogic.xml.jaxp.RegistrySAXParser.
Even if it is coming from weblogic.jar, I think its still the bug of Axis since axis is sending
invalid content to xml parser. Would it be possible to fix this exception and test with weblogic.
When you are testing with another server, it is probably working fine but not in weblogic.
In fact I don't mind testing it with weblogic once I make the cvs build work.

I checked out cvs code but could not build. Where can I find the process of building cvs code.
It looks like xerces and other libraries in the classpath so it is giving me compile time
errors.

Thanks
Praveen