axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Jeff Greif" <jgr...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: AXIS Stubs Problem and unable to consume EJB web service
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2005 15:10:17 GMT
Apparently, whatever web service was invoked has returned an unexpected type
or there is an incorrect type mapping  in the client deployment descriptor.
Possibly the wrong web service was invoked, or there is some problem on the
server side.    The client is expecting to end up with a DCPlanListWSHome
object and instead, the response deserializes into a _DCSummaryWSHome_Stub.

Note also, you should probably make sure a recent Xerces parser suitable for
use with Axis 1.2RC2 is in the client's class path.  The Crimson parser
whose classes appear in your stack trace should be avoided.  However, the
parser is unlikely to be responsible for the exception.

Jeff
----- Original Message -----
From: "babloosony" <babloosony@gmail.com>
To: <axis-user@ws.apache.org>; <axis-dev@ws.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2005 6:53 AM
Subject: AXIS Stubs Problem and unable to consume EJB web service

> Hi All,
>
> Environment
> ------------
> WSAD 5.1.2
> AXIS 1.2 RC2 on both server and client
> WebSphere Application Server 5.0
>
> I have deployed an EJB using WSAD 5.1.2's WebSphere 5.0 Test
> Environment and exposed it as web service  using AXIS 1.2 RC2 on the
> server side.
>
> I am able to test and run the ejb using WSAD's Universal Test Client
> but when I write a web service client program  that uses AXIS 1.2 RC2
> generated stubs I am getting below error:
>

>  faultSubcode:
>  faultString: java.lang.ClassCastException: cannot cast class
> com.ram.engine.ejb._DCSummaryWSHome_Stub to interface
> com.ram.engine.ejb.DCPlanListWSHome
>  faultActor:
>  faultNode:
>  faultDetail:
>     {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:java.lang.ClassCastException:
> cannot cast class com.ram.engine.ejb._DCSummaryWSHome_Stub to
> interface com.ram.engine.ejb.DCPlanListWSHome
>     at
org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.createFault(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:2
21)
>     at
org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.endElement(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:12
8)
>     at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.endElement(DeserializationCo
ntext.java:1083)
>     at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeElement(Parser2.java:1712)
>     at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.content(Parser2.java:1963)
>     at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeElement(Parser2.java:1691)
>     at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.content(Parser2.java:1963)
>     at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeElement(Parser2.java:1691)
>     at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parseInternal(Parser2.java:667)
>     at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parse(Parser2.java:337)
>     at
org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl.parse(XMLReaderImpl.java:448)
>     at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(SAXParser.java:345)
>     at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.parse(DeserializationContext
.java:226)
>     at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:645)
>     at org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:424)
>     at
org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.MustUnderstandChecker.invoke(MustUnderstandChe
cker.java:62)
>     at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:173)
>     at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invokeEngine(Call.java:2719)
>     at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2702)
>     at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2378)
>     at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2301)
>     at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:1758)
>     at
client.irsc.bluestart.DCPlanListWSBindingStub.getDCPlanList(DCPlanListWSBind
ingStub.java:178)
>     at
client.irsc.bluestart.IrscDcPlanListWsClient.query(IrscDcPlanListWsClient.ja
va:36)
>     at
client.irsc.bluestart.IrscDcPlanListWsClient.main(IrscDcPlanListWsClient.jav
a:55)