axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ephemeris Lappis" <ephemeris.lap...@tiscali.fr>
Subject RE: Document/Literal : bad part name in axis server response
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2005 06:24:24 GMT
If you want to add all your comments to the report i have open in JIRA about
this issue, you can get it at :
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS-1739
Thanks...
  -----Message d'origine-----
  De : Bill Keese [mailto:billk@tech.beacon-it.co.jp]
  Envoyé : jeudi 13 janvier 2005 02:55
  À : axis-user@ws.apache.org
  Objet : Re: Document/Literal : bad part name in axis server response

  Thanks for the correction!  It makes sense.  (It also partially addresses
the other question I recently sent out.)  Until the Axis bug gets fixed I
guess I should modify the WSDL file to match Axis' output?

  Also, could you tell me why, for example, the webservice
http://ws2.serviceobjects.net/nw/namewizard.asmx?WSDL embeds a
<getNameInfoResult> inside of a <getNameInfoResponse>?  It seems like only
one of the two tags is necessary.  Is it unnecessary overhead, or is it
something to make certain client tools happy?

  Bill

  Anne Thomas Manes wrote:
Clarification:

  Bug: In document/literal mode, Axis generate a <methodNameReturn> tag when
writing out the return value;  it shouldn't.  That tag only makes sense in
wrapped/literal mode.  (This is what Ann was saying.)

Axis should generate a <methodNameReturn> tag only when using RPC
style. It should not generate the tag when using either wrapped or
document style. In both cases, the child element of the SOAP Body
should be the element specified in the response message part. For
example, if the response message is defined as:

<wsdl:message name="methodResponse">
  <wsdl:part name="parameters" element="tns:foo"/>
</wsdl:message>

then the response message for either wrapped or document style should be:

<s:Body>
  <tns:foo.../>
</s:Body>

- Anne

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 09:38:49 +0900, Bill Keese