axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Bill Keicher" <wkeic...@endeca.com>
Subject RE: Programmatic deployment of web services
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2005 18:40:08 GMT
I haven't tried this before, but maybe you could leverage the .jws that axis supports...perhaps
by writing a servlet that allows you to upload .jws files?  This is clearly more of a hack
than anything else, and I don't even know if it'd work.  In addition, it limits the types
of web services you can programmatically add to the scope of jws, has security implications...blah
blah blah.

just a crazy thought...

-----Original Message-----
From: Bradley Mazurek [mailto:mazurek@opentext.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2005 10:37 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Programmatic deployment of web services

On the Axis wiki I see the following question:
   Q) How do I deploy a service on web application initialization?

In the last message of the thread that questions' answer refers to, I
see the following:

> I need to deploy and undeploy services programmatically. The
> deployment is done from a servlet which is in the same servlet
> context as the AxisServlet. Is it possible to do the deployment
> programmatically without using the AdminClient and without restarting
> the webapp (which I understand is required if the server-config.wsdd
> file is changed)?

I searched the mailing list, but couldn't find any relevent answers.

Does anyone have any advice on how to go about programmatically
deploying and undeploying services, or at least appropriate places in
the source code to begin looking?

Thanks.
--
Brad

This email message and any attachments are confidential to Endeca. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify Endeca immediately -- by replying to this message or by sending an
email to: legal@endeca.com -- and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.
Thank you.