axis-java-user mailing list archives

From aedemar.co...@rbc.com
Subject RE: Is Axis generating bad WSDL, or is .NET's wsdl.exe broken?
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2005 15:58:39 GMT
I had the same error today and the problem was caused by the fact that there were two methods
with the same name in the XSoapBindingImpl class.  I didn't think this would cause a problem
as I only defined one method signature in the service interface.

If I viewed the wsdl through a web browser there was no mention of the second method but when
I added it as a web reference through .NET it merged all the parameters from both method calls
under the same operation using a : to divide them.

When I deleted the method that I didn't want exposed (from the XSoapBindingImpl class) and
regenerated everything, this problem no longer existed and I was able to add the web reference
successfully.

I can't call the web service but that's a different thread.

This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender does not waive any related
rights and obligations. Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information
it contains by other than an intended recipient is unauthorized. If you received this e-mail
in error, please advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately.

Ce courrier électronique est confidentiel et protégé. L'expéditeur ne renonce pas aux
droits et obligations qui s'y rapportent. Toute diffusion, utilisation ou copie de ce message
ou des renseignements qu'il contient par une personne autre que le (les) destinataire(s) désigné(s)
est interdite. Si vous recevez ce courrier électronique par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser
immédiatement, par retour de courrier électronique ou par un autre moyen.