axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "James Clinton" <James.Clin...@ins-sure.com>
Subject RE: XML data in SOAP response body
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2005 16:18:33 GMT
This is quite easy to setup and can be done using RPC style calls.

The service needs to be of type document literal and be deployed like
so:

<service name="XXService" provider="java:RPC" style="document"
use="literal">

You need to build the service from the WDSL up, because you need to add
a schema to validate the XML you intend to pass into the payload.

The schema then maps to complex types/request/reponse parts etc etc
which allow you to invoke and use the service as if it was a normal RPC
service.

Once you have you WSDL built, run wsdl2java, add in the implementation
and your done.

James

-----Original Message-----
From: Gortari Nicholas-p56512 [mailto:Nicholas.Gortari@gdds.com]
Sent: 21 January 2005 16:12
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: XML data in SOAP response body

I am trying to set up a web service that will take an existing XML file
and inject it into the SOAP response body.  The literal XML needs to
remain in the response so an application located between the client and
server can run XML schema-based content inspection.  I would prefer to
use RPC based style.

It seems that if I return the XML as a string all of the < and >
characters get replaced.  If I try to insert the XML directly into the
body the client deserializer does not understand the XML in the response
and exits.  Is there any way to stop the replacement of the < and >
characters?  Is there any way to coerce the deserializer to ignore the
inserted XML body data?  Or even better is there a way to have the
deserializer pull the data out and export it to a file?  I would welcome
any suggestion or pointer of where to get started.

Thanks,
Nick

Meeting Customer Needs Exactly

Whether you are a Managing Agent, Lloyd's Broker or London market insurer or reinsurer, our
Insurance Professional Services teams can meet the challenges that unforeseen resourcing or
business requirements can present.

By drawing on our full range of services, short-term business problems can be solved quickly,
project-based staffing requirements can be met efficiently and longer-term strategic business
initiatives can be resourced effectively.

To find out how we can help your business, visit www.xchanging.com/xips or contact Paul Gilbert
on 0207 972 0011.

THE INFORMATION IN THIS E-MAIL AND IN ANY ATTACHMENTS IS CONFIDENTIAL

AND MAY BE PRIVILEGED OR OTHERWISE PROTECTED FROM DISCLOSURE.
IF YOU ARE NOT THE INTENDED RECIPIENT AND HAVE RECEIVED IT IN ERROR YOU ARE ON NOTICE OF ITS
STATUS.
PLEASE NOTIFY THE SENDER IMMEDIATELY BY RETURN EMAIL AND THEN DELETE THIS EMAIL AND ANY ATTACHMENT
FROM YOUR SYSTEM.
YOU MUST NOT RETAIN, COPY OR USE THIS E-MAIL OR ANY ATTACHMENT FOR ANY PURPOSE, NOR DISCLOSE
ALL OR ANY PART OF ITS CONTENTS TO ANY OTHER PERSON:

TO DO SO COULD BE A BREACH OF CONFIDENCE

EMAIL MAY BE SUSCEPTIBLE TO DATA CORRUPTION, INTERCEPTION AND UNAUTHORISED AMENDMENT,
AND WE DO NOT ACCEPT LIABILITY FOR ANY SUCH CORRUPTION, INTERCEPTION OR AMENDMENT OR THE CONSEQUENCES
THEREOF.

WE MAY MONITOR THE CONTENT OF EMAILS SENT AND RECEIVED VIA OUR NETWORK FOR VIRUSES OR UNAUTHORISED
USE AND FOR OTHER LAWFUL BUSINESS PURPOSES.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING FROM A VIRUS IN ANY EMAIL OR
ATTACHMENT.

postmaster@ins-sure.com