axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Jonathan Colwell" <jcolw...@bea.com>
Subject RE: XMLBeanDe/Serializer sample
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2005 19:32:37 GMT
Hi Jan and Karim,

Sorry I wasn't clear, I did everything using Java 1.5 since I mostly
work on the Beehive project which makes use of the Annotation feature
added in 1.5.  I think you can still use the sample if you recompile the
XmlBeanSerializer classes using 1.4 since those classes don't use any of
the 1.5 features.

grab the XmlBean serialization classes from the following location and
compile them with 1.4 and you should be in good shape.

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/beehive/trunk/wsm/src/runtime/
org/apache/beehive/wsm/axis/util/encoding/

cheers,

Jonathan

-----Original Message-----
From: Jan Galinski [mailto:sts@janhoo.de]
Sent: Monday, January 10, 2005 8:28 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: XMLBeanDe/Serializer sample

karim wrote:
> Hi,
> maybe  try to compile your java sources  using  jdk1.4

Hi Karim,

thanks, but I'm already running 1.4.2. (1.4.1 on the linux machine).
Am I getting you wrong? Did you try to run it?

In addition, here's some debug info from the servlet:

Could not find class for the service named:
com.superflaco.axis.StarWarsBare
Hint: you may need to copy your class files/tree into the right location
(which depends on the servlet system you are using).; nested exception
is:
	java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
com.superflaco.axis.StarWarsBare

The hint is nice, but the compiled class is in WEB-INF/classes/

other suggestions?
Jan