axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Bill Keese <bi...@tech.beacon-it.co.jp>
Subject Re: Document/Literal : bad part name in axis server response
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2005 01:55:13 GMT
<head>
</head>
Thanks for the correction!&nbsp; It makes sense.&nbsp; (It also partially
addresses the other question I recently sent out.)&nbsp; Until the Axis bug
gets fixed I guess I should modify the WSDL file to match Axis' output?<br>
Also, could you tell me why, for example, the webservice
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://ws2.serviceobjects.net/nw/namewizard.asmx?WSDL">http://ws2.serviceobjects.net/nw/namewizard.asmx?WSDL</a>
embeds a
&lt;getNameInfoResult&gt; inside of a &lt;getNameInfoResponse&gt;?&nbsp;
It
seems like only one of the two tags is necessary.&nbsp; Is it unnecessary
overhead, or is it something to make certain client tools happy?<br>
Bill<br>
Anne Thomas Manes wrote:
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">Clarification:

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Bug: In document/literal mode, Axis generate a &lt;methodNameReturn&gt;
tag when
writing out the return value;  it shouldn't.  That tag only makes sense in
wrapped/literal mode.  (This is what Ann was saying.)
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
Axis should generate a &lt;methodNameReturn&gt; tag only when using RPC
style. It should not generate the tag when using either wrapped or
document style. In both cases, the child element of the SOAP Body
should be the element specified in the response message part. For
example, if the response message is defined as:

&lt;wsdl:message name="methodResponse"&gt;
  &lt;wsdl:part name="parameters" element="tns:foo"/&gt;
&lt;/wsdl:message&gt;

then the response message for either wrapped or document style should be:

&lt;s:Body&gt;
  &lt;tns:foo.../&gt;
&lt;/s:Body&gt;

- Anne

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 09:38:49 +0900, Bill Keese
<a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:billk@tech.beacon-it.co.jp">&lt;billk@tech.beacon-it.co.jp&gt;</a>
wrote:
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">OK, I think I understand what's going on now.  There is both a bug
and a
"missing feature".

Bug: In document/literal mode, Axis generate a &lt;methodNameReturn&gt; tag when
writing out the return value;  it shouldn't.  That tag only makes sense in
wrapped/literal mode.  (This is what Ann was saying.)

Missing feature: Axis obeys the specifications in the WSDL file, but you
have to manually call wsdl2java to generate the deploy.wsdd.  (This is what
Michael was saying.) However, I would like a feature where Axis
automatically parses and obeys the WSDL file, without manually calling
wsdl2java.

Bill