axis-java-user mailing list archives

From V D <st946...@drexel.edu>
Subject Re: Please help vote for this issue
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2005 08:36:10 GMT
Thank you for pointing this out.  However, what about the problem of
attachment to a different request.  Right now, after the the first
request the receive an attachment, using the same stub to make another
request (a different function call) would then send the attachment.
This should not happen at all because the 2nd request does not have
attachment.  If store the attachment separately for request and
response, this means that if the 1st request send an attachment, then
the 2nd request (which does not have attachment in the function call) is
made would also send the attachment.

Jongjin Choi wrote:

>Sorry for double posting to axis-dev, axis-user.
>But I think that the devs should give attention to this problem.
>
>This problem is reported to Jira several times. The related ones are:
>
>http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS-1433
>http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS-1430
>
>The problem is org.apache.axis.Stub's 'attachments' member.
>Stub uses 'attachments' in both request and response.
>
>After receving soap message, the stub's extractAttachments() method stores the response
attachments
>to its 'attachements' member.
>On the next call, the setAttachments() method stores the previous attachments to the request
soap message.

>I think the axis's stub class is designed to handle attachments more flexiblely like this:

>(in test.wsdl.interop4.groupG.dime.doc.DimeDocInteropTestCase's test5DimeDocSoapPortEchoUnrefAttachments())
>
>AttachmentsPortType binding = ...;
>DataHandler dh = ...
>((org.apache.axis.client.Stub)binding).addAttahcment(dh);
>binding.echoUnrefAttachments();        // Stub.setAttchment() and Stub.extractAttachement()
called.