axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Nathan Wardle" <nathan.war...@dytech.com.au>
Subject RE: Need extended Message Services Example
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2005 04:42:21 GMT
I tried to do this too.

I spent ages trying to get it working, but it didn't.

The MsgProvider has a switch statement that checkes the method type. The problem I had was
that the value being tested was never set in the OperationDesc. Therefore, I'd just get an
error message saying that it was an unsupported operation type or something like that.

I copied the code into my own provider (I already had a custom provider to get the service
implementation class from Spring) and found that if I forced it to recognise it as the right
type of message, the soap body couldn't be parsed into a Document anyway. ie I kept getting
a null document back when it tried to do SoapBodyElement.getAsDocument().

In the end I gave up and used RPC.

Sorry I couldn't give you a solution, but it's good to know that others are having the same
problems!

-----Original Message-----
From: John Menke [mailto:john.menke@eagleinfosystems.com]
Sent: Friday, 21 January 2005 3:35 PM
To: Axis
Subject: Need extended Message Services Example

I am trying to use the message type service - i can get the basic example
working (it returns the input) but I can't seem to get a service doing
anything with the Document instance working.

Service method

public Document testService (Document doc){
  // do something with doc besides return it
}

PLEASE!!!! DOES ANYONE HAVE AN EXAMPLE??  I'M GETTING AXIS ERRORS THAT I
CAN'T DEBUG SO FAR

-JM