axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Vishu" <vi...@fractalsmiths.com>
Subject RE: Axis and .Net client
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2005 06:46:32 GMT
I specified "document" in WSDL and Axis translated that to "Wrapped". I see
that it lets empty method names only in "document" style encoding.

Thanks,

Vishu

  _____

From: Bill Keese [mailto:billk@tech.beacon-it.co.jp]
Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 10:31 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: Axis and .Net client

It depends what binding style and encoding your AXIS server is running with.
If it's in rpc/encoded or wrapped/literal it's expecting at least the method
name inside the soap body.

<soap:Body>
   <myMethod/>
</soap:Body>

The default for AXIS is RPC/Encoded.

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-whichwsdl/

Vishu wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to invoke a webservice running on Axis from a .Net client. The
method doesn't take any arguments (empty). The .Net client sends a message
that looks like the following

<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap= <http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/>
"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsi=
<http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance>
"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd=
<http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema>
"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"><soap:Body /></soap:Envelope>

Axis complains with "java.lang.Exception: Body not found" Any ideas?

Thanks,

Vishu