axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Maik Mrazovic" <rev...@web.de>
Subject Call object to get xsd:base64Binary streams
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2005 12:24:02 GMT
Hi all,

i have a problem where i didn´t found a solution in the mailinglist:

I need to get a byte array stream from an soap response (the streams are files). The corresponding
message in the wsdl file is

<wsdl:message name="getPIWISDataResponse">

      <wsdl:part name="getPIWISDataReturn" type="xsd:base64Binary"/>

</wsdl:message>

An example which i´ve sniffed:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
 <soapenv:Body>
  <ns1:getPIWISDataResponse soapenv:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
xmlns:ns1="http://soapinterop.org/">
   <ns1:getPIWISDataReturn xsi:type="xsd:base64Binary">IU5vdGU6IFJlY29yZHMgYXJlIG [...]
</ns1:getPIWISDataResponse>
 </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

Axis generated the method signature for the client with this:

public byte[] getPIWISData(String username, String password, String orderNo)

And that is exactly my problem:  How can I retrieve the byte array? Because with Axis methods
of the class Call like

call.invoke( new Object[] { "user", "pass", "1234" } ) it returns objects, but not a byte
array.

I would be glad if you could help me.