axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "sunil" <sunil.koth...@majoris.com>
Subject Re: Axis installation - WSDL2Java
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2005 11:39:08 GMT
Hi,
 You need to include the following .jar files in your classpath.
I am using Axis 1.1. running under Tomcat 5.0.27.

 think you should download tomcat 5.0.x and use the jars provided by tomcat in the  bin directory.

My classpath has the following jar files.
C:\axis\axis-1_1\lib\axis.jar;
C:\axis\axis-1_1\lib\axis-ant.jar;
C:\axis\axis-1_1\lib\saaj.jar;
C:\axis\axis-1_1\lib\commons-discovery.jar;
C:\axis\axis-1_1\lib\commons-logging.jar;
C:\axis\axis-1_1\lib\jaxrpc.jar;
C:\axis\axis-1_1\lib\log4j-1.2.8.jar;
C:\axis\axis-1_1\lib\wsdl4j.jar;
C:\ApacheTomcat5.0\common\lib\servlet-api.jar;.;

I hope that works.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Marika Ludmann
  To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
  Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 4:57 PM
  Subject: Axis installation - WSDL2Java

  I am new to Axis and Web services development. I have however done web development (JSP,
Servlets). I also done some web service development in .NET.

  I need to create a web service and client and service using Java and I am trying to (need
to) use Axis.

  I am also using JBOSS to deploy the application.

  I have downloaded AXIS-1_1 and set the class path for the jars as instructed. I did not
install it as it said that I could just include the .jars in my .war file

  I have several WSDL documents on which my webservice I am trying to build, is based on.

  I realise I can use the Axis WSDL2Java tool to create proxy and skeleton classes .

  But when I try to run the command and get  the exception:

  C:\>java org.apache.axis.wsdl

  .WSDL2Java MyClient.wsdl

  org/apache/commons/di

  scovery/tools/DiscoverSingleton

          at

  org.apache.axis.components.logger.LogFactory$1.run(LogFactory.java:84

  )

          at

  org.apache.axis.components.logger.LogFactory.getLogFactory(LogFactory

  .java:80)

          at

  org.apache.axis.components.logger.LogFactory.<clinit>(LogFactory.java

  :72)

          at

  org.apache.axis.i18n.ProjectResourceBundle.<clinit>(ProjectResourceBu

  ndle.java:92)

          at

  org.apache.axis.i18n.MessagesConstants.<clinit>(MessagesConstants.jav

  a:71)

          at org.apache.axis.utils.Messages.<clinit>(Messages.java:75)

          at org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java.<clinit>(WSDL2Java.java:99)

   What do I need to do, where do I need to run this command? Do I need to install Axis on
the server and then start the server, before I can run the command?

  Any help appreciated.

  Marika Ludmann

  Marika Ludmann

  KTP Associate