axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Lorenzo Dalla Vecchia" <lor...@tiscali.it>
Subject Samples/fault: empty detail item
Date Sat, 22 Jan 2005 21:12:54 GMT
Hello.

I'm still struggling to get custom exceptions throws correctly, so I decided
to simplify the problem.
I took the samples.fault example included in Axis and deployed it. I did not
change a single line, nor recompiled the classes: just ran AdminClient over
the supplied deploy.wsdd.

I then try calling getEmployee without specifying a id, expecting a
NoSuchEmployeeException (in its SOAP Fault form of course). To keep it
simple I didn't code a client, just called
http://localhost:8080/axis/services/Employee?method=getEmployee and here's
the resulting SOAP message:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
  <soapenv:Body>
    <soapenv:Fault>
      <faultstring>samples.faults.NoSuchEmployeeFault</faultstring>
      <detail />
    </soapenv:Fault>
  </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

As you can see the <detail> item is empty, while it should contain exception
data (like specified in the WSDL returned by Axis ?wsdl query):

<complexType name="NoSuchEmployeeFault">
  <sequence>
    <element name="info" nillable="true" type="xsd:string" />
    <element name="cause" nillable="true" type="xsd:anyType" />
    <element name="message" nillable="true" type="xsd:string" />
  </sequence>
</complexType>

This also happens with all my other web services and I'm starting to suspect
it's a configuration problem (since at least the pre-compiled sample with
provided wsdd should work).

All I did was copying Axis servlet in Tomcat 5.0 jwsdp webapps directory and
putting all the jars in axis/lib in my classpath. Should I have done
something more?

Hope you can help me sorting this out... thanks in advance!

--
Lorenzo.