axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "ANDREW MICONE" <AMIC...@DEQ.IDAHO.GOV>
Subject Re: Axis exception on deployment
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 07:34:32 GMT
Fixed my own problem again. I'm learning more about ant files every day. Steps to compile for
other newbies in pain:

1) Switch to J2EE 1.4.2_04 SDK instead of 1.5
2) Make sure tomcat's servlet api jar is in the CLASSPATH.
3) Make sure activation.jar and mail.jar is in WEB-INF/lib
4) Make sure log4j.properties is in WEB-INF/classes (isn't by default).

Unfortunately, I still have SOAP encoded string arrays instead of the type .NET likes, which
is a major pain since the validation client is an inflexible .NET app. Any help? Someone help
me out by checking in their code? Maybe just point me at the source files. I've run the new
Axis engine and rewritten my files with WSDL2Java and still no joy.  -- Andy

>>> AMICONE@DEQ.IDAHO.GOV 12/02/04 11:46PM >>>
On deployment of the latest-greatest CVS daily of Axis from tomcat, the following error appears.
If you look in axis.jar you find that the class is indeed not in there. A problem with the
build or a problem with the code? I see the source in the java directory but I don't see a
class file in the build directory. Yes, I really want to get rid of that SOAP encoding.

- Error configuring application listener of class org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisHTTPSessionListener
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisHTTPSessionListener
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1332)
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1181)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3545)