axis-java-user mailing list archives

From tony.q.wed...@gsk.com
Subject Re: Remote reference!
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2004 09:00:21 GMT
When one is talking about exchanging messages, using XML, between
different platform technologies and across a range of possible transports,
it's not hard to see that remote references, other than URLs, are not
likely to be supported any time soon. I'm not even sure what it would
mean, in a Web services world. If you want remote references, go for a
more specific distributed technology like CORBA or something targeted at a
single language, like Java-RMI.

Tony