axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Patrick Martin" <Patrick.Mar...@aquilauk.co.uk>
Subject RE: Re[2]: deploy a class as a web service
Date Thu, 30 Dec 2004 14:09:24 GMT
Hi: sorry for the delay.

The client-config.wsdd needs to be in the directory the client application is invoked from,
I'm not entirely clear what other places are searched.
- Anyone?.

It's one of the many ways to configure the AxisEngine; you can also do this in code

AxisProperties.setProperty("axis.doAutoTypes", "true");

Before the you make the Web Service call.

If either Engine, client or server is not set up to use AutoTypes, you should see message
like "cannot find deserialiser for {http://somenamespace}SomeLocalPart".

Note that the classes need to be proper JavaBeans (get/set for all properties and accesible
default constructor) for this to work.
Alternatively, there is a method public - static TypeDesc getTypeDesc() - you can implement
that will get used if present, so you can craft your own TypeDesc method and add it to the
class or a sub-class, if necessary...

Have a look at the test.typedesc.TestTypeDescSynch class and the files in that package in
the Axis test source tree...

Hope this makes sense!

Patrick