axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Hewitt, Christopher" <Christopher.Hew...@tdsecurities.com>
Subject Automatic Client-Side De/Serialization of User Types (java)
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2004 21:46:06 GMT
Hello,

I am quite new to WS and Axis, so I apologize if this is a common question.

I would like to know if there is an easy way to have an axis client serialize/deserialize
user defined java classes, without having to manually create type mappings or use wsdl2java?

The WebMethods Glue library seems to do this extremely well.
All that is needed at the client side are the user classes, the WS interface, and one line
of code - Registry.bind().  No type mapping or stub generation required.
The problem of course, is that Glue's not free.

If axis cannot do this, can anyone recommend another free java soap toolkit which would allow
such simple, dynamic clients to be written?

Thanks in advance,
Chris