axis-java-user mailing list archives

From TMG <...@nc.rr.com>
Subject WSDL - Missing something obvious w/ Header
Date Sat, 11 Dec 2004 14:45:48 GMT

I would like to add a header to several of my services to require some
simple authorization (using CVS tree of Axis 1.2RC2).

An example of one of the service's wsdl binding is a follows:

    <wsdl:binding name="AccessControlSoapBinding" type="impl:AccessControl">
        <wsdlsoap:binding style="document"
        <wsdl:operation name="setACL">
            <wsdlsoap:operation soapAction="urn:my:com:wsdl/setACL"
style="document"/>
            <wsdl:input name="setACLInput" >
                <wsdlsoap:header message="impl:authorize" part="auth"
use="literal" />
                <wsdlsoap:body use="literal"/>
            </wsdl:input>
            <wsdl:output name="setACLOutput">
                <wsdlsoap:body use="literal"/>
            </wsdl:output>
        </wsdl:operation>
    </wsdl:binding>

When using wsdl2java to generate the server and/or client stubs the
deploy.wsdd has the correct type mapping for the authorization message
and the __BindingStub.java has the serialization/deserialization
methods, but the PROBLEM is that there is no header listed when the wsdl
is queried on the deployed service (e.g.
http://my.com/context/services/myservice?wsdl ).  Thus, there is no way
for the client (consumer of service) to know that they need to create
and pass a header.  That is, the wsdl returned shows the binding listed
above, sans the header on the <input>.

I must be missing something obvious!

Thanks,

Tom Gordon