axis-java-user mailing list archives

From tony.q.wed...@gsk.com
Subject Re: problem defining user defined inner class
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2004 08:43:12 GMT
I've never done this but I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be
possible. To use the Axis bean serializer/deserializer, the class would
have to follow JavaBean conventions, otherwise you'd have to write your
own serializer and deserializer. In either case, you'd need to register
the class to XML element mapping with the Call object, before invoking the
web service. It might also be possible to register the mapping via a
client-config.wsdd file, using a class name of com.test.Search$SearchPart.

Tony

Hi all,
I just joined this mailing list, so hopefully I dont repeat the same
question.

My class looks like this :

//main class
class Search {

                 //inner class
                 class SearchPart {
                 }

}

The problem is Axis doesnt seem to know about user defined inner class
(SearchPart).
When I took a look at the wsdl file, it says like this :

 <element name="SearchPart" nillable="true" type="xsd:anyType"
maxOccurs="unbounded"/>

No error occured, but when I tried to run the program (after finish
deploying), it gives this error :

faultString: java.io.IOException: No serializer found for class
com.test.Search$SearchPart in registry
org.apache.axis.encoding.TypeMappingImpl@461e24a2

I have searched through internet, and I cannot find solution for this.
Does Axis support inner class ?

Thanks

David
Software Engineer