axis-java-user mailing list archives

From tony.q.wed...@gsk.com
Subject Re: R: Newbie info on messaging
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2004 14:43:21 GMT
The method, in your service, has two parameters. The second parameter is a
SOAPEnvelope, in which to put your response. You can get the body of the
element with:
SOAPBody body = resp.getBody();
You can add a body element (this will be the root of your response message
XML) to the body using:
SOAPBodyElement bodyElement = body.addBodyElement(new
PrefixedQName(yourNamespace, yourElementName, yourPrefix));
You'd also need to add namespace declarations to bodyElement, for the
namespace of the element itself and for any other namespaces you might use
in the response. Then you can add child element to the bodyElement, using
addChildElement(). You can add child elements to those child elements, and
so on.
To add a header, use something like:
header = new SOAPHeaderElement( yourHeaderNamespace,
yourHeaderElementName);
resp.addHeader( header );

Obviously, you can add children to the header, in the same way as for the
body element.

Hope this helps.

Tony

Hi
I already saw the MessageService, but unfortunately it is quite far from
being useful.
I want to put some application xml info into the header section of the
SOAPEnvelope and some other application xml info into the body section of
the SOAPEnvelope.
I made a Message and I put some xml attachments into it, and it's ok.
I cannot understand how to build a SOAPHeader and a SOAPBody to the
response envelope.

any clue?
Cheers
Marcello