axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Dickinson, Ian John (HP Labs, Bristol, UK)" <ian.dickin...@hp.com>
Subject RE: Confused about Call.invoke()
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2004 15:44:45 GMT
From: Davanum Srinivas [mailto:davanum@gmail.com]
> look into samples\client package specifically the
> DynamicInvoker.java for an example
Thanks, that's helpful. It's bascially equivalent to what I've been
doing, which is reassuring.  I notice, though, that the array of params
you pass to Call.invoke() in the sample is just the deserialised values
from the command line arguments.  Does that suggest that the Javadoc
comment on Call.invoke() that I quoted is no longer relevant?

> > """
> > Invokes the operation associated with this Call object using the
> > passed in parameters as the arguments to the method. For Messaging
> > (ie.
> > non-RPC) the params argument should be an array of SOAPBodyElements.
> > *All* of them need to be SOAPBodyElements, if any of them
> > are not this
> > method will default back to RPC. In the Messaging case the
> > return value
> > will be a vector of SOAPBodyElements.
> > """

Thanks,