axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Los Morales" <morales...@hotmail.com>
Subject AxisFault: null pointer exception suggestion
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2004 17:07:23 GMT
Hi,

I've been testing out my newly deployed web service with a client and all I
keep getting back is an axis fault with a null pointer exception:

############################
Remote Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
AxisFault
faultSubcode:
faultString: java.lang.NullPointerException
faultActor:
faultNode:
faultDetail:
        {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at java.util.Hashtable.put(Unknown Source)
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl.setProperty(Unk
nown Source)
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.parse(Deserializa
tionContextImpl.java:246)
        at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:538)
        at org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:376)

I'm assuming that this means the values I passed back may have a null.  But
I checked my return values on the server side BEFORE sending them out and
there were absolutely no nulls in my values.  I also created a dummy return
with values set to something other than null but still I get this problem.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can solve this problem?  The
only thing I know for sure is that my service is being called properly but
once this service returns the values, I get this null pointer exception.
Thanks in advance.

-los