axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Los Morales" <morales...@hotmail.com>
Subject SOAP endpoint issue
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2004 19:28:04 GMT
Hi,

I was troubleshooting my service when I realized that I can even get the
SOAP endpoint to work.  For example, when I submit the URL:
http://localhost:8080/axis/services/Version?method=getVersion, I get a SOAP
response back.  However, when I try submiiting the URL to my deployed
service:
http://localhost:8080/axis/services/DownloadProgramsServiceSOAPPort?method=downloadPrograms,

I get the following error:
##########################
XML Parsing Error: syntax error
Location:
http://localhost:8080/axis/services/DownloadProgramsServiceSOAPPort?method=downloadPrograms
Line Number 1, Column 1:null

So is there something wrong with my service or its deployment, or is this OK
to get an error message like this?  I have a feeling this is the reason why
everytime I try using the service with a client app., I get a
NullPointerException via RemoteException.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!  Thanks!

-los