axis-java-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Kevin J. Duling" <jatt...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: typeMapping and Bad Types
Date Sat, 13 Nov 2004 06:23:38 GMT
I'm a little closer; I've found another piece of the puzzle.  I didn't
understand what "SAXException: Bad types (classA -> classB)" meant.  While
working on the server-side of my app, I created this same problem by
returning the wrong object type.  So I'm assuming this message is similar to
a ClassCastException.

In my own situation, I'm able to deserialize a TResult object when it is the
only object in the message.  But when two objects are there, deserialization
doesn't work.  I've also found when I return a TResult object and a second
object that's "nil", deserialization works.

What I don't understand is why deserializing the 2nd object doesn't work
even though my WSDL distintly says that a GetCustomerFinancialsResponse will
consist of both a TResult and a TCustomerFinancials.

I don't see any point where I load the WSDL in as a resource.  I've only
generated code with WSDL2Java.  Am I supposed to set the location of the
WSDL in the code somewhere?

Here are the relevant pieces from the WSDL:

  <message name="CustomerFinancialGet2Request">
    <part name="CustomerID" type="ns1:TCustomerID"/>
    <part name="CustomerFinancial" type="ns1:TCustomerFinancial"/>
  </message>
  <message name="CustomerFinancialGet2Response">
    <part name="CustomerFinancial" type="ns1:TCustomerFinancial"/>
    <part name="return" type="ns2:TResult"/>
  </message>
    .
    .
    .
<portType name="IOBISMSClient">
    <operation name="CustomerFinancialGet">
      <input message="tns:CustomerFinancialGet2Request"/>
      <output message="tns:CustomerFinancialGet2Response"/>
    </operation>
    .
    .
    .
  <binding name="IOBISMSClientbinding" type="tns:IOBISMSClient">
    <soap:binding style="rpc"
transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http"/>
    <operation name="CustomerFinancialGet">
      <soap:operation
soapAction="urn:uOBI_Intf-IOBISMSClient#CustomerFinancialGet" style="rpc"/>
      <input message="tns:CustomerFinancialGet2Request">
        <soap:body use="encoded"
encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
namespace="urn:uOBI_Intf-IOBISMSClient"/>
        <soap:header xmlns:n1="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/"
n1:required="true" use="encoded"
message="tns:CustomerFinancialGet2headerRequest" part="TSecurity"
encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
namespace="urn:uGlobalSOAPTypes"/>
      </input>
      <output message="tns:CustomerFinancialGet2Response">
        <soap:body use="encoded"
encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
namespace="urn:uOBI_Intf-IOBISMSClient"/>
      </output>
    </operation>


Mime
View raw message