axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Jay Glanville" <jay.glanvi...@naturalconvergence.com>
Subject RE: incorporating a web service into a web app without service address knowledge
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2004 17:34:04 GMT
Thank you.

--
Jay Glanville
 <http://www.naturalconvergence.com/>

-----Original Message-----
From: tony.q.weddle@gsk.com [mailto:tony.q.weddle@gsk.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2004 12:27 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: RE: incorporating a web service into a web app without service
address knowledge

I'm not aware that there was a standard way. I don't think that the
"?wsdl" suffix on a service URL is standard (though it may be a common
convention). Our clients don't mind. Providing they have a URL to the
WSDL, it doesn't really matter what that URL is. I'm not sure if this
would work through UDDI, but we haven't got there yet.

I think you can turn off WSDL generation in the Axis config. In which
case, the "?wsdl" URL wouldn't work. Otherwise, you could probably
specify an "error page" for your WSDL, in the Axis config. I'm sure
there is some way to avoid "?wsdl" returning WSDL for the service.
Unfortunately, Axis doesn't let you specify an arbitrary WSDL URL in the
<wsdlFile> element of the WSDD; if it did, you could redirect users to
the WSDL serving servlet.

Tony

Doesn't this potentially cause problems as you are now publicizing your
WSDL in a non-standard way?  If someone (as through habit) made a
<http://......?wsdl/> http://......?WSDL request, they would then get a
file pointing to the wrong location.  Is this correct?

JDG