axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Tardif, Sebastien" <STAR...@anacomp.com>
Subject RE: Web Service performance
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2004 18:38:43 GMT
EJB is good only when you really need it. If you are using container managed transaction (CMT)
for the web services operation you probably don't need ejb.

-----Original Message-----
From: Olivier Mocquais [mailto:olivier.mocquais@rd.francetelecom.com]
Sent: Friday, November 05, 2004 11:51 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Web Service performance

Hi,

In term of performance and scalability, if my business logic is a java
class and I want to expose it as a web service.

Is it better to add an ejb and expose it as a web service (This new ejb
merges the business API and forwards calls to the java class. It uses
services provided by the ejb container) OR add a class which merges the
business API and exposes this new class as a web service ?

Will webservices facade of EJB (with Axis as a soap engine) supports
more client requests than webservices call to POJO class ?  What is the
more scalable option ?

Thanks for your answer.

Olivier