axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Bob Morris <...@cs.umb.edu>
Subject Frequent Error 500
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2004 05:08:10 GMT
In circumstances I have not yet fully figured out---but may be
associated with the Oracle parser required by Oracle's jdbc---my
lightweight Oracle based service will  cause all of axis service to
collapse and throw http 500 with a stack usually, but not always, going
through the Oracle parser which is in axis/WEB-INF/lib to support the
jdbc and some underlying Oracle XML calls.

Does this sound familiar? I am running axis 1.1 under tomcat5.

In the service implementation, I generally just throw exceptions and I
find that they seem to correctly become SOAPExceptions on the wire, but
this doesn't seem to prevent the problem above. Anyway, how could client
mishandling of SOAPExceptions possibly make the service side go
permanently into throwing exceptions for all service calls, including
those that previously worked.

Among the wierdness involved is that in this state, it does not suffice
to restart tomcat. I have to also remove axis/WEB-INF/server-config.wsdd
and redploy all my services, even though the result is an identical
server-config.wsdd to the earlier one. Somewhere there is persistant
state about deployment besides in server-config.wsdd????