axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Tim Gmane <tkgmane...@ugcs.net>
Subject Re: long vs. Long
Date Thu, 25 Nov 2004 19:16:07 GMT
WAJSBERG Julien RD-BIZZ wrote:
> Tim Dev a écrit :
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a simple test method:
>>
>> Long foo(Long bar)
>>
>> Java2WSDL maps the Long to xsd:long and the client stub contains the
>> method as:
>>
>> long foo(long bar)
>>

> How does the WSDL look like ? The parameter and return value should have
> a "nillable='true'" attribute, otherwise I guess it's a bug in the
> WSDL-generation part (Java2WSDL).
> If it has this attribute, then the bug is in the client-side code
> (WSDL2Java).

For a method:

Long b(Long id) throws CustomException { ... }

Here's the WSDL snippet generated by Java2WSDL:

<wsdl:message name="bRequest">
   <wsdl:part name="in0" type="xsd:long"/>
</wsdl:message>

<wsdl:message name="bResponse">
   <wsdl:part name="bReturn" type="xsd:long"/>
</wsdl:message>

So Long is mapped to xsd:long but it's NOT declaraed nillable. Is this
the bug?

Or should the Long have been mapped to soapenc:long instead which is not
compatible with .NET?

Is xsd:long nillable=true compatible with .NET?

Thanks for your help.

Tim