axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "matthew.hawthorne" <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: NoClassDefFoundError with axis 1.1 and Jboss 3.2.5
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2004 14:47:02 GMT
PANTA-RHEI GREEN wrote:
  > If we integrate the axis-generated stub classes to our archive, we
get following error during the deployment process:

> INFO [main] (EJBDeployer.java:572) - Deployed: file:/C:/devel/jboss-3.2.5/server/default/tmp/deploy/tmp1456806-webshop.ear-content

> INFO [main] (EARDeployer.java:287) - Started J2EE application: file:/C:/devel/jboss-3.2.5/server/default/deploy/06-webshop.ear

> INFO [main] (EARDeployer.java:113) - Init J2EE application: file:/C:/devel/jboss-3.2.5/server/default/deploy/07-emarketing.ear

> WARN [main] (EJBDeployer.java:508) - Verify failed; continuing
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: de/test/clients/axis/stubs/TestServiceSoapBindingStub

> at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method)
>
> Problem seems the classloader from jboss.
>
> We have intgerate the axis jars to server/deploy/lib and included it to the EAR from
the EJB.

> Second attempt to make the soap-call from an servlet in jboss produce the same error
(exception during load at runtime in the servlet occours !!!)

> Anyone have an idea to solve the problem ?

If you're deploying the EJB inside of an ear file, be sure that the Axis
generated classes are in a jar inside of the ear, and that the EJB jar's
manifest file puts the jar in it's classpath.

You may need to experiment a bit.