axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Tom Oinn <...@ebi.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Repost: OT-ANN: My favorite SoA is Hessian
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2004 15:00:34 GMT
Michael Schuerig wrote:
> On Monday 15 November 2004 15:08, Vic wrote:
>

>>Anyway, I found above open source product to be powerfull, and if
>>some other's are frustrated w/ Axis, they have an Open Source
>>alternative.
>

> Hessian doesn't do the same as Axis, thus it is not an alternative.

Um. No. That's not a valid argument in any way shape or form - both Axis
and Hessian are generic tools, they can be used for a number of things.
It's entirely possible that there are Axis users who, for their
particular use, woudld be better served by something like Hessian and
presumably the converse also applies.

If your requirements are a complete match to Axis's feature set then
it's unlikely that any other produce will be a direct alternative, but I
suspect you'd be in the minority. Different things are important to
different people, I for one would switch instantly to any toolkit which
did dynamic invocation of services using complex types in the way I want
it to work, but that's quite specific to my field.

Cheers,

Tom