axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Dennis Sosnoski <...@sosnoski.com>
Subject Re: does anyone have complex serialization working?
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2004 03:59:51 GMT
Hi John,

Yes, it is perfectly possible to handle arrays of beans with references
to other beans, and similar structures. For some examples of code that
does this, download the Axis samples from my comparison of SOAP
performance at http://www.sosnoski.com/presents/cleansoap/comparing.html
This also has a sample of using Castor for the same thing with Axis.

As for Nathan's framework, this sort of thing can certainly be done but
it's a lot of work and not very good from a performance standpoint. JDK
1.4 and later comes with XMLEncoder and XMLDecoder that do basically
this type of XML serialization (though with XMLEncoder/XMLDecoder the
format is fixed and not very interoperable with non-Java applications).

  - Dennis

--
Dennis M. Sosnoski
Enterprise Java, XML, and Web Services