axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Chaimungkalanont <m...@atlassian.com>
Subject doAutoTypes - best way to set this property?
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2004 05:46:24 GMT
Hi there,

I have a situation where I'm programatically creating a WebService.

I ran across the same problem as Enrico (in the thread below) in that I
couldn't find an "elegant" way to register Bean (de)Serializers for my
complex objects.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-user&m=108444847331320&w=2

After searching some more through the archives I found mentions of the
"doAutoTypes" flag hidden in the TypeMappingImpl class. This seems to do
exactly what I want, defaulting to the bean serializer when none can be
found.

I couldn't get it work, however, outside copying the source and using
"custom" version of TypeMappingImpl in my source tree that defaults the
auto typing to true.

This is really not desirable so I was wondering if there was any other
way to do this? I think this is the same problem as
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-user&m=107788227613566&w=2 from
about 9 months ago, but maybe something has happened since?

If there is not a way, I'd be happy to submit a patch that optionally
reads the doAutoTypes from the AxisProperties when TypeMappingImpl is
instantiated.

Any thoughts anyone? Anyone used auto typing successfully? Seems curious
that such a feature would be so well hidden from view...

cheers

Mark C

ATLASSIAN - http://www.atlassian.com/

Confluence - the professional J2EE wiki - tried it yet?
http://www.atlassian.com/confluence/