axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Christian Schröder ...@theta-soft.de>
Subject Re: java.security.AccessControlException
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2004 14:30:49 GMT
tony.q.weddle@gsk.com wrote:

> It has been a long time since I worked with applets but I think that
> an applet can open connections with the host that served the applet.
> In this case, if the web service is hosted on the same machine as the
> applet, you should have no problems in either loading classes from the
> server or accessing web services on the server. If you want to access
> resources on the client machine or on another host, then you would
> have problems.

That's exactly what I thought, so I put the jar file on the same server
that should serve the soap requests. But I still got the same exception.
After some research I found out that one of the libraries (I think it
was commons-logging) tries to install a custom class loader which is not
allowed in the sandbox. This topic has already been discussed in one of
the Axis mailing lists (see
http://www.mail-archive.com/axis-dev@ws.apache.org/msg03596.html).
As I have pointed out, the only way to get around this problem seems to
be signing the applet.

Christian