axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Jeremy Nix" <Jeremy....@sfsltd.com>
Subject WSDLtoJava generating holder classes for non in/out parameter types
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2004 17:30:03 GMT
I'm generating my Java objects by running the WSDLtoJava utility (using
the latest/greatest code) against the following WSDL.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<definitions name="Geocode" xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/"
targetNamespace="http://geocode.webservices.sfsltd.com"
xmlns:tns="http://geocode.webservices.sfsltd.com"
xmlns:gans="http://geocodeaddress.geocode.webservices.sfsltd.com"

	<types>
		<!-- schema imports -->
		<xsd:import
namespace="http://geocodeaddress.geocode.webservices.sfsltd.com"
			   schemaLocation="GeocodeAddress.xsd"/>

	</types>

	<!-- messages -->
	<message name="GeocodeAddressSoapIn">
		<part name="GeocodeAddressRequest"
element="gans:GeocodeAddress" />
	</message>
	<message name="GeocodeAddressSoapOut">
		<part name="GeocodeAddressResponse"
element="gans:GeocodeAddressResponse" />
	</message>

	<!-- port types -->
	<portType name="GeocodeSoapPort">
		<operation name="GeocodeAddress">
			<documentation>Method for
geocoding/standardizing address</documentation>
			<input message="tns:GeocodeAddressSoapIn" />
			<output message="tns:GeocodeAddressSoapOut" />
		</operation>
	</portType>

	<!-- bindings -->
	<binding name="GeocodeSoapBinding" type="tns:GeocodeSoapPort">
		<soap:binding style="document"
		<operation name="GeocodeAddress">
			<soap:operation soapAction="GeocodeAddress_V1"/>
			<input>
				<soap:body use="literal" />
			</input>
			<output>
				<soap:body use="literal" />
			</output>
		</operation>
	</binding>

   <!-- service definition -->
	<service name="Geocode">
		<documentation>Internal application for providing
geocode information</documentation>
		<port name="Geocode" binding="tns:GeocodeSoapBinding">
			<soap:address
location="https://localhost/webservices/services/Geocode" />
		</port>
	</service>

  </definitions>

For some reason, the skeleton is being generated like this:

    public void
geocodeAddress(com.sfsltd.webservices.geocode.common.TypeRawAddress
address, com.sfsltd.webservices.geocode.common.TypeMatchOptions
matchOption, com.sfsltd.webservices.geocode.common.TypeDataSource
dataSource, com.sfsltd.webservices.geocode.common.TypeAuth
authentication,
com.sfsltd.webservices.geocode.common.holders.TypeAddressCollectionHolde
r geocodeAddressResults, javax.xml.rpc.holders.StringHolder
errorDescription) throws java.rmi.RemoteException
    {
        impl.geocodeAddress(address, matchOption, dataSource,
authentication, geocodeAddressResults, errorDescription);
    }

Where the objects geocodeAddressResults and errorDescription are suppose
to be apart of the complexType GeocodeAddressResponse not in/out
parameters.  I can send the full schema/wsdl if necessary.  Just
wondering if I'm defining something within my WSDL that is causing AXIS
to think that these params are in/out.

Thanks for any help.

Jeremy Nix
Senior Application Developer