axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Cervi, Anthony \(PCLN-NW\)" <Anthony.Ce...@priceline.com>
Subject RE: NoClassDefFoundError with axis 1.1 and Jboss 3.2.5
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2004 14:49:40 GMT

i have experienced the same problem and have found a solution that seems to work consistently.
 the axis jars, for whatever reason, need to go in the deploy folder.  i banged my head against
this until it bled so i graciously offer this to you ;o)  we're using the default server so
i zipped up the axis jars and client-config.wsdd and dropped that zip file into %jboss_home%\server\default\deploy.
 i hope this works as well for you as it did for me.  good luck.

-----Original Message-----
From: matthew.hawthorne [mailto:matth@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2004 9:47 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: NoClassDefFoundError with axis 1.1 and Jboss 3.2.5

PANTA-RHEI GREEN wrote:
  > If we integrate the axis-generated stub classes to our archive, we
get following error during the deployment process:

> INFO [main] (EJBDeployer.java:572) - Deployed: file:/C:/devel/jboss-3.2.5/server/default/tmp/deploy/tmp1456806-webshop.ear-content

> INFO [main] (EARDeployer.java:287) - Started J2EE application: file:/C:/devel/jboss-3.2.5/server/default/deploy/06-webshop.ear

> INFO [main] (EARDeployer.java:113) - Init J2EE application: file:/C:/devel/jboss-3.2.5/server/default/deploy/07-emarketing.ear

> WARN [main] (EJBDeployer.java:508) - Verify failed; continuing
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: de/test/clients/axis/stubs/TestServiceSoapBindingStub

> at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method)
>
> Problem seems the classloader from jboss.
>
> We have intgerate the axis jars to server/deploy/lib and included it to the EAR from
the EJB.

> Second attempt to make the soap-call from an servlet in jboss produce the same error
(exception during load at runtime in the servlet occours !!!)

> Anyone have an idea to solve the problem ?

If you're deploying the EJB inside of an ear file, be sure that the Axis
generated classes are in a jar inside of the ear, and that the EJB jar's
manifest file puts the jar in it's classpath.

You may need to experiment a bit.