axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Venkat Reddy <vred...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SSL with Axis
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2004 14:37:11 GMT
Here is roughly how you can make Axis talk to tomcat using SS (or
atleast that's how i could make it work).

1. Setup a keystore for client
2. Setup a keystore for server
3. Export server's public key certificate to a file and import it into
client's keystore.
4. Export client's public key certificate to a file and import it into
server's keystore.
5. Edit tomcat's server.xml to add a Connector for SSL -
    <Connector port="8443" minProcessors="10" maxProcessors="50"
acceptCount="100" scheme="https" secure="true">
      <Factory keystoreFile="<location>\server.keystore"
keystorePass="<keystorePassword>"
               clientAuth="false" protocol="TLS" />
    </Connector>

6. Startup tomcat and make sure it listens on SSL by pointing your
browser to something like "https://<server>:8443/index.jsp".
7. Run axis client with the following JVM options -
	-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=<location>\client.keystore
	-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword=<trustStorePassword>
	-Djavax.net.debug=true  // only requried to debug
	-Djavax.net.ssl.keyStore=<location>\client.keystore
	-Djavax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword=<keyStorePassword>

8. Make sure you are using "https:" for all URLs while using Axis client.

Hope that helps
-- Venkat