axis-java-user mailing list archives

Subject Re: Custom parameters in wsdd file?
Date Sat, 16 Oct 2004 09:08:06 GMT

If I am not wrong you can specify your own parameters like this:

 <service ...>
  <parameter name="..." value="..." />

Regarding how your service could retrieve the parameters, I am not quite
sure. I know that you can get the parameters by calling
getOption("paramName") in your service's SOAPService handler. But I am not
sure how to get that handler from your service class. Maybe your service
should implement the ServiceLifecyle method and get the handler
from the init() method. But this is something I have never tried..
Maybe someone else can confirm this?

Hope it helps.

 * Enric Jaen Villoldo
 * PhD student

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004, Stefan Henke wrote:

> Hi,
> Im wondering if it is possible to add some service specific parameters to
> the wsdd-deployment descriptor for my service. What I try to do is to
> declare some initialization parameters for the service that should be
> provided inside the service at runtime. But changing the parameter values
> should be possible without changing the code. Is this possible using the
> wsdd-file or  do I have to create my own config file?
> Regards,
> Stefan

View raw message