axis-java-user mailing list archives

From tony.q.wed...@gsk.com
Subject Re: Book recommendations?
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2004 07:28:39 GMT
I've just looked at Amazon.co.uk. Up until last week, it was quoting
October 31st, this year. Now it is quoting March 2005. I've seen earlier
estimates of May 2004, so this is a book that has slipped and slipped its
target date. They are probably having to rework it to take into account
Axis 1.2. Let's hope 1.2 is not out of date by the time the book is
released.
The book used to be mentioned in Chris Haddad's weblog (he's one of the
co-authors) but it is now just referred to as "O'Reilly's upcoming
definitive guide to Apache Axis".
Tony

On Thursday 21 October 2004 18:05, tony.q.weddle@gsk.com wrote:
> There is also rumoured to be an O'Reilly
> book coming out at the end of this month: "Programming Apache Axis".
> However, although Amazon are accepting pre-orders, there is *no*
> mention of it on the O'Reilly web site, other than in the blog of one
> of the authors.

I haven't found it mentioned in any blog, but I didn't search
everything. According to Amazon.de it'll be available May 31, 2005.
Amazon.com says March 1, 2004, which is obviously wrong.

Michael