axis-java-user mailing list archives

From tony.q.wed...@gsk.com
Subject Re: Book recommendations?
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2004 08:45:42 GMT
They're both good. "Building Web Services with Java" has a section on
Axis, which the other one doesn't. "J2EE Web Services" has better coverage
of XML schema. I haven't read through all sections of each but they both
have something to offer. If you need some Axis coverage, get the first.
Tony

I'm looking on a good book on web services that goes into the
nitty-gritty details and has broad coverage as well. By necessity it'll
be a big book. The recommended readings from the Axis docs seem to be
slightly out of date. Looking around I narrowed my focus on these two

Steve Graham et al.
Building Web Services with Java (2nd ed)
Sams 2004

Richard Monson-Haefel
J2EE Web Services
Addison-Wesley 2003

Is any one of them preferable? Are there others I ought to look at?

Thanks,
Michael

--
Michael Schuerig            I was blessed with a birth and a death and
mailto:michael@schuerig.de     I guess I just want some say in between