axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Zhou Jian Han" <>
Subject RE: one way message callback to Apache Axis?
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2004 17:28:24 GMT
I read the JAX-RPC spec, looks like it has asynchronus callback API in the spec 2.0, the current
Axis is follow the JAX-RPC1.1 spec, Does that means current Axis1.1 does not support asynchronous
callback and future Axis 2.0 will implement this asynchronous callback feature?
Am I right?

-----Original Message-----
From: Zhou Jian Han []
Sent: Friday, October 22, 2004 11:47 AM
Subject: one way message callback to Apache Axis?

Does anybody using one way message and call back in Axis client side?  Do I have to use JMS?
But I can't because of I use gSoap(c/c++) as my server SOAP.
I use Axis as SOAP client. I tried to send a oneway call back function from server, here are
the steps I did, I must be missing somthing, the client didn't invoked by the server:
1. I using WSDL2Java --server-side --skeletonDeploy true  xxx.wsdl, so it can generate skeleton
2.In the xxx.wsdl, there is only one one-way function named "handle", please see below:
<portType name="EventPortType">
 <operation name="handle">
  <documentation>handles asynchronous events</documentation>
  <input message="tns:handleRequest"/>
3. on client side, I first invoke handle() to server, then I create a skeleton object, and
hope server callback can invoke handle() on this object. but nothing printout. see below my
simple test code:
 public static void main(String [] args) throws Exception {
  // Make a service
  Event service = new EventLocator();
  // Now use the service to get a stub which implements the SDI.
  EventPortType port = service.getEvent();
  // Make the actual call
  EventSkeleton skel= new EventSkeleton();
  Thread t = new Thread();

4. I put some print out under handle( )  of, but unfortunally I didn't get
anything print out, I must be missing something, what should I do after I new the EventSkelton
object, so it can wait there and get invoked by server?

Also I'm sure that after I invoke server, and server does try to invoke client, see below
packet from server,
Connection: keep-alive
SOAPAction: "event"

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="" xmlns:SOAP-ENC=""
xmlns:xsi="" xmlns:xsd=""
<SOAP-ENV:Body SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle="">

Any help will be great appreciated!

View raw message