axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Zhou Jian Han" <z...@ariodata.com>
Subject Does Axis support polymorphism (dynamic send back the derived class)
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2004 17:01:49 GMT
Hi,
I have a based class named Shape, and a derived class named Square( Square extends Shape).
Is that possible I declare a method in service:
public Shape getShape(int type) throws RemoteException
and send back the Square Object?

By the way, I use gSoap(c/c++ soap) on server side, and apache Axis on client side, it looks
like server send out the Square object, but client is not recognize the derived object, it
is complain about "Invalid element in Shape- Square.size" (and 'size' is the field in Square,
not in Shape).

Does any one have sample that polymorphism is working in Java Axis?

Thanks in Advance!
Georgia