axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Zhou Jian Han" <z...@ariodata.com>
Subject one way message callback to Apache Axis?
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2004 18:46:56 GMT
Hello,
Does anybody using one way message and call back in Axis client side?  Do I have to use JMS?
But I can't because of I use gSoap(c/c++) as my server SOAP.
I use Axis as SOAP client. I tried to send a oneway call back function from server, here are
the steps I did, I must be missing somthing, the client didn't invoked by the server:
1. I using WSDL2Java --server-side --skeletonDeploy true  xxx.wsdl, so it can generate skeleton
too.
2.In the xxx.wsdl, there is only one one-way function named "handle", please see below:
<portType name="EventPortType">
 <operation name="handle">
  <documentation>handles asynchronous events</documentation>
  <input message="tns:handleRequest"/>
 </operation>
</portType>
3. on client side, I first invoke handle() to server, then I create a skeleton object, and
hope server callback can invoke handle() on this object. but nothing printout. see below my
simple test code:
 public static void main(String [] args) throws Exception {
  // Make a service
  Event service = new EventLocator();
  // Now use the service to get a stub which implements the SDI.
  EventPortType port = service.getEvent();
  // Make the actual call
  port.handle(Myevent.value4);
  EventSkeleton skel= new EventSkeleton();
  Thread t = new Thread();
  t.sleep(2000);
 }}

4. I put some print out under handle( )  of EventImpl.java, but unfortunally I didn't get
anything print out, I must be missing something, what should I do after I new the EventSkelton
object, so it can wait there and get invoked by server?

Also I'm sure that after I invoke server, and server does try to invoke client, see below
packet from server,
POST / HTTP/1.1
Host:
Connection: keep-alive
SOAPAction: "event"

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:SOAP-ENC="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
xmlns:ns="urn:event">
<SOAP-ENV:Body SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
<ns:handle><event>EVENT-A</event></ns:handle>
</SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

Any help will be great appreciated!

Thanks,
Georgia