axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Andrea Vaccaro <a.vacc...@quinary.com>
Subject Sending big byte arrays
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2004 13:57:59 GMT
Hello,
my web service receives a byte array parameter that sometime can be very la=
rge (>4mb).
I know that it should be better to send it as an attachment to the soap env=
elope but the caller is not under my control and I can't modify its code.
Every call takes quite a lot time and profiling my server I noticed that ne=
arly the 87% of the total time to process a request is spent inside Axis (o=
rg.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(), org.apache.axis.message.RPCEle=
ment.getParams()) and the remaining is spent executing my remote method.
Is this overhead caused by sending the byte array as a parameter instead of=
 attachment?
Are there other solutions to gain better performance?

Thanks in advance,
Andrea Vaccaro