axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Merten Schumann" <Merten.Schum...@asg.com>
Subject JAX-RPC web service in Axis, servletEndpointContext.isUserInRole(), how to map users to roles?
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2004 09:12:08 GMT
This is a repost with a different subject, maybe I do get with this new
subject responses here. :-)

I got a simple service with basic auth running in Axis, Hurray!
For that, following some documentation I created a .war with axis.jar
and all in it to have my own web app. Works fine. :-)

Now I do call in the service implementation
   servletEndpointContext.isUserInRole("my_role")
and get all the time false returned.
Hmmm, could it be that in Axis/Tomcat the concept of these "logical"
roles isn't implemented and we have "only" users and groups?

My web.xml contains link to my_role:
 <security-constraint>
 <display-name>SecurityConstraint</display-name>
 <web-resource-collection>
 <web-resource-name>WRCollection</web-resource-name>
 <url-pattern>/services</url-pattern>
 <http-method>POST</http-method>
 </web-resource-collection>
 <auth-constraint>
 <role-name>my_role</role-name>
 </auth-constraint>
 <user-data-constraint>
 <transport-guarantee>NONE</transport-guarantee>
 </user-data-constraint>
 </security-constraint>
 <login-config>
 <auth-method>BASIC</auth-method>
 </login-config>
 <security-role>
 <role-name>my_role</role-name>
 </security-role>

When I deploy to Sun App server, I have in sun-web.xml
  <security-role-mapping>
    <role-name>my_role</role-name>
    <group-name>my_group1</group-name>
  </security-role-mapping>
to map the logical role (my_role) to a group (my_group1). The group is
physically existing in the Sun App server. Then,
isUserInRole("my_role") returns true. In the App Server's admin, I do
setup groups, not roles. In conf/tomcat-users.xml, probably the roles
mean groups. I tried to put there a <group> Element, seems to work. But
how (where?) to map the group to a role, as I can do in sun-web.xml?

Could you help me here, how to manage this logical role stuff in
Axis/Tomcat?
Thank you!
   Merten